Windows 10, as well as Windows 11, has a fantastic feature called Hello pin. This pin is designed for security purposes. But sometimes, due to technical errors as well as errors in the updation of the system updates, the user cannot modify or add the PIN. So here we have a solution to it. We have explained several methods to help you resolve the problem. All the steps are short and straightforward, and it’s mandatory to go through all the steps and processes to solve your issue. So let’s start.
How to Fix Cannot Add or Modify Hello Pin in Windows 11?
There are several methods given below to add or modify the hello pin. And all these methods are listed below and are explained in detail.
Fix Cannot Add or Modify PIN in Windows 11 by DISM and SFC programs:
Following are the steps explaining the solution:
- Go to the search bar present just near the windows button.
- Enter the command prompt in the search bar.
- Right-click on the command prompt and click on the “Run as Administrator” button.
- Enter “Dism.exe /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth /Online” into the command prompt.
- Hit the enter button on your keyboard.
- Now, wait for the DISM to scan the file.
- Then again, enter the “SFC /SCANNOW” and hit the enter key.
- There will be a small verification process.
- After that, close the command prompt and restart your windows.
- Go to settings>Accounts>Hello Pin.
- Try to modify or add your hello pin.
Fix Cannot Add or Modify Hello Pin in Windows 11 using Regedit:
- Open your windows and then go to the search bar.
- Search for regedit
- Regedit is also called a registry editor.
- Please open it and press the Yes button.
- Now explore the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Then Expand the SOFTWARE.
- In software, again, expand the MICROSOFT.
- Now explore WINDOWS NT.
- Expand the CURRENT VERSION.
- Find the WINLOGON folder.
- Then on the right side window, press the right click of the mouse.
- Go to the new option and explore it.
- Choose string value.
- Enter the first string value as DefaultUserName.
- Create the second string as the default password and the third as AutoAdminLogon.
- Enter them as given above as it is case-sensitive.
- Edit the first one and add the value data.
- Enter your username here.
- Now edit the second one and enter a password.
- And for the third, add zero to it.
- Now come out of the window and restart your window.
- Come back, and you can see the changes.
Fix Cannot Add or Modify Hello Pin in Windows 11 using Administrator tool:
Follow the steps given below;
- Open the administrator command prompt on your windows device.
- Then enter “/active: yes net user administrator.”
- Now a window appears.
- Go to advanced and then press the next button.
- Now close the window and go to “C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft.”
- Here right-click on the NGC folder and then click on Unlocker.
- Select the Delete option and then press the Ok button.
- This will select the pin for you.
- Restart your windows and then set a new Pin or keep it as it is.
How to Change the pin using the settings?
- Turn on your windows device.
- Then right-click on the windows button resent in the bottom left corner.
- Navigate to the settings option and then click on the settings button.
- Now search the accounts tab.
- This is generally present at the top place in the settings.
- Go to the accounts section.
- Here you get many account options.
- But click the last option, which is Windows hello Pin.
- The change option is visible here, but the remove option is not visible.
- Click on the change option.
- Now enter your old hello pin, the new one, and reenter it.
- Click Ok to proceed.
How to remove the hello pin from windows 11?
Many times the remove button is blurred or is not visible. So to make it visible as well as clickable, these are the steps to follow;
- Go to the settings using the windows button.
- Then go to the accounts section.
- Here click on the Your info section.
- Here, you will see that your windows are logged in with the email account.
- But we have to log in with the local account.
- So, click on sign in with your local report.
- Press the following button.
- Enter your Microsoft account password.
- Then press the next button.
- Again enter your username and then create a password.
- Also, select the and enter the password hint.
- Finally, click on the Next button.
- Press the sign out and finish.
- Enter your windows hello pin for the last time.
- Then again, go to settings>Accounts>Windows Hello Pin.
- Here notice that the remove button is now visible.
- Press the remove button and confirm the removal.
- Enter your windows local password.
How to add the hello pin using the settings on Windows 11?
To add up the hello pin;
- Turn on your Windows PC.
- Click on the windows button.
- Then click on the user name.
- Then click on the “Change Account Settings.”
- Now on the left side, click on the accounts button.
- On the right side, you get a sign-in options button.
- Click on it, and then you get the pin option.
- Navigate to it and then click on it.
- Now click o the add PIN button.
- Enter the four-digit in and also reenter the pin.
- Now click the following button.
- Please enter your account password and then confirms it.
- Close the window and then restart your pc.
- Now on the sign-in button, you will get a box asking about the PIN.
- Enter the PIN that you have created.
- This is all about the Adding up of hello pin in windows 11.
This is about the Fix of Cannot Add or Modify pin in Windows 11.