If you are the windows 10 user and you need to play the games on your Xbox device on windows 10 using the Xbox controller, and you are unable to do that, then you are at the right place. Here we have the solution to it. Although Microsoft designs the Xbox, the Xbox is challenging to run on the windows 10 device. This problem may occur due to the non-updated version of the box. So to update the Xbox, you need the Xbox console companion app. With the help of this app, you can solve the problem. But if you are facing a problem in playing your console on windows 10, then the below-given context will help you. Follow the steps and procedures below to run the Xbox console on windows 10.
Detailed steps to connect your Xbox console to a windows 10 device?
There are many steps involved in the Xbox console connection to windows 10. Firstly you need to download and install the Xbox console companion software and connect your Xbox console with the Xbox console companion application. Follow the steps given below to perform the same.
To download the Xbox console companion app:
The app is available on the Microsoft store. Your download and install the app from there. The steps involved in downloading and installing are as follows;
- Go to the Microsoft store application of your windows Pc or tab.
- Then go to the search bar and then search for the Xbox console companion application.
- Now the application will come in the search results.
- Navigate your mouse pointer on the application and click on it.
- Now click on the get app button at the bottom of the app info.
- Now the download will start.
- Note that this application is accessible on the Microsoft store.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- After the download finishes, click on the install button.
- The install button appears in the place of the download button.
- Click on it, and then the pop-up windows will appear.
- Just select the yes button, and permission for the installation is granted.
- Then select the install location and get the file installed at that location.
- Now restart your windows Pc or tab.
- Come back, and you will get the Xbox console companion icon on the desktop.
- Double click on it to open it.
- Then give all the permission required by the app.
To connect your Xbox console to the Xbox console companion app:
The steps are elementary and straightforward. To connect your Xbox with the Xbox console companion;
- Connect your Xbox to your windows PC using the HDMI or VGA connection.
- Then come on your windows screen.
- Here open the Xbox console companion application.
- Now in the app, you will get the add Xbox console button.
- The button will resemble a “+” sign with the connect Xbox name at the bottom.
- Then click on the plus sign, and a new window appears.
- In this window, you will get the name of your Xbox.
- Just navigate your mouse over it and click on it.
- Then click on the connect button present there.
- Wait for a few seconds, and you will immediately get the connected notification.
- Now you can enjoy playing your favorite games on the Xbox.
The Xbox console companion application does not show the Xbox console
Follow the steps below if the Xbox console companion application does not show your Xbox console while adding.
- Connect your Xbox to any screen.
- Then turn it on and then long-press the Xbox button present over it.
- Now you will reach the profile of the Xbox.
- In this, go to the settings option.
- Then in the settings, scroll down till you get the network and sharing center.
- Then go to the Ip address tab.
- Click on it, and then you will get the IP address of your Xbox.
- Now connect your Xbox to the windows ten device physically.
- Go to the connections icon present in the taskbar icon shortcuts.
- Then right-click on it and open it.
- Enter the IP address of your Xbox.
- Click on the connect button.
- Please wait for a few seconds till it connects.
- Now open the Xbox console companion application.
- Go to the Add your Xbox button.
- Now you will see the name of your Xbox console.
- Click on it and connect it.
- Play your favorite games present on Xbox.
Why I cant play the Xbox games on my windows PC using the Xbox console?
Ans: It can occur due to the failure to update your Xbox console, and it can also occur due to the absence of the latest files and supports installed on your Xbox. Also, some games must not support your PC stats.
How can I know the specifications of my windows to play Xbox games?
Ans: You can know the specification of your windows PC by performing the steps given below;
- Go to the taskbar of your windows device.
- Then right-click on the taskbar.
- Open the task manager.
- Then go to the performance tab of the task manager.
- See if your Ram, VRam, and internal storage match the specifications given under each game’s details.
- This way, you will know which game can run on your pc.
Is the Xbox console companion application free?
Ans: yes, the application is free to everyone, and you require a stable internet connection to download it. It is available on the Microsoft store application, and you can install it simply by clicking on the get app button on the Microsoft store.
What is the IP address of the Xbox? Why it’s important?
Ans: The Ip address, i.e., Information protocol, is a unique number that locates your device. It’s a specified number for any device that helps track your country and origin. Connecting your Xbox console to the Xbox console companion application is important. Using the Ip address, you can join it if any error occurs with the regular connection.