Operating a mac and performing the copy-paste are some of the simple tasks. But creating a folder in the best possible way is a somewhat confusing task. A folder is a place where files are stored. So if you create any folder, the main reason behind creating it is to store the files in it. You can discreetly store the files using a folder. Also, creating a new folder on Mac is a simple task compared to windows. So here are the best four methods that will help you create a new folder on Mac and also will merge some folders or files into the created folder. So here we go.
How to create a new folder on Mac using your mouse cursor?
There are a few simple steps that will explain to you the easiest way to create a folder on Mac, and these steps are as follows;
- First, go to the location where you need to create the new folder on your Mac.
- Now take your mouse cursor to a blank place where no other file or folder is placed.
- So now right-click at the blank place.
- Then the first option that you will see is to create a new folder.
- Click on this option, and then the folder will be created.
- Now it asks you to name the folder.
- So give the desired name to your folder, and you can also rename the same.
How to create a New folder using a terminal?
The terminal is similar to the command prompt present on windows. This is the most difficult method to create a new folder. So you will need to perform this method very precisely. So here are the steps to create a new folder using the command prompt;
- Go to the mac menu bar.
- Here search for the terminal.
- Now click on the terminal option appearing.
- Then as you launch the terminal, the first task you need to perform is to enter “cd Desktop’ in the terminal.
- Hit enter after this.
- This command is to create a new folder
- Now you need to enter the location where you need a new folder.
- So enter “cd downloads” if you want to create a new folder in the downloads folder.
- Then hit enter again.
- Now enter “mkdir<foldername>” .
- The name will appear on the folder you create.
- So hit enter and then exit the terminal.
Now the terminal will create a folder you named on the location you entered. Now you can copy files and then paste them into the folder created. So you need to perform all the steps as given. Mistakes in entering the name will lead to huge chaos in your folders.
How to create a new folder using the Mac menu bar?
The Mac menu bar is also called a finder. You will get a finder on every location you visit on the Mac. It’s present at the top of the Mac. So here are the steps to create a new folder using finder;
- Visit any location on the Mac.
- Then open the finder menu at the location you need to create a new folder.
- Then simply go to the file options in the finder menu.
- Here click on the New folder option.
- Now a new folder with a blank name will appear.
- It will ask you to enter any particular name in this folder.
- Now enter any particular name to the folder and hit the enter button.
So in this way, you will get a new folder on your Mac.
Can I create a new folder and add up files while creating the folder?
Yes, you can add up the files while creating a new folder on Mac. The steps are quite simple, and they are as follows;
- Go to the location where you need to merge or add the files to the newly created folder.
- Then select the files.
- You can select the files with the “Ctrl+A” shortcut key.
- Then all the files will be selected.
- Then right-click on the chosen files.
- Now you will get an option named “New folder with selection.”
- Also, it will show you the number of files you select.
- Then simply click on this option, and a new folder will be created.
- Name the folder.
- And as soon as you open up the folder, you will get the selected files inside the folder.
Can I merge two folders in a single newly created folder?
Yes, you can merge two folders in a singly created new folder, and the steps are also quite simply;
- Go to the locations where you have your folder and need to merge them.
- Then simply select these folders.
- Now right-click on the selected folders.
- Click on the New folder with the selected option.
- Now the new folder will create automatically, and your selected folders will merge into it.
- You can name the folder accordingly.
How to create a new folder using a shortcut Key?
This is the easiest as well as the shortest way to create a new folder in your desired location. So the steps are as follows;
- Go to the location where you need to create a new folder.
- Then press the shortcut key as “Ctrl+Shift+N” at once.
- Then a new folder will be created.
- Simply enter the name of the folder created.
- In this way, you will get a new folder with the desired name on the desired location using the shortcut key.
How to rename any new folder?
The renaming process is quite simple and is as follows;
- Go to the location where your created folder exists.
- Then right, click on the folder for which you need to change the name.
- Now select the option named rename in the list appearing.
- After this, the first name will be selected and will now be editable.
- Now you can enter the new name into the folder.
- Then finally, hit the enter button.
- So in this way, you can rename any folder and get the new name to it.
- You can also rename the folder by entering the properties of the folder.
So this is how you can create a new folder on your Mac.