Reddit is one of the most famous discussion platforms present on the internet. Here you will get the best discussion topics with memes, educational handles and many other informative aspects. You can read those posts, comment on them, and share them with your friends. Using Reddit is simple, and you can get the data on topics you need and the posts related to them. For this, you can unhide the post. You can also hide any post that you are not in interest in, and vice versa is possible. You can also unhide the posts. So here, in this context, we have the process to unhide such posts that you are in or have hide them previously.
What is unhiding of posts on Reddit?
Unhiding is a process in which the hiding posts are made visible on your Reddit post blog. So the post that is hiding from you is now visible to you. Or, if you have hidden some of the posts previously, then you can unhide them on your Reddit account. The process of unhiding the Reddit posts on various devices such as windows, mac, iOS and android is explained below. Just go through it, and it will clear you the concept of unhiding the Reddit posts.
How to unhide Posts on Reddit?
Here is the list of devices on which you can unhide the Reddit posts and make them visible to you;
How to unhide the Reddit posts on your PC?
Pc occupies the windows, Linux, mac, UNIX and other PC operating systems. The below explained process will be helpful to unhide the posts on your Reddit account if you are a PC user. And the process is applicable to all PC operating systems as listed above;
- Open your web browser.
- Then go to Reddit’s official site.
- Here login to your Reddit account.
- Then go to your profile icon.
- A list will now appear consisting of various options.
- Then click on the history option present below your profile.
- Then select the hidden option from the menu bar appearing.
- Here you get a unhide button.
- Simply press the unhide button and then confirm the unhide posts option.
- Now all the posts that are hiding from you will be visible to you.
How to unhide the Reddit posts on your mobile phone?
Generally, the mobile phone comes with the android and iOS operating systems. So here is the process to unhide the Reddit posts on your mobile phone and the operating systems, as mentioned in the previous line.
- First of all, go to the android play store or the apple app store.
- Then download and install the Reddit application.
- Open the Reddit application and then give all the permissions as asked by it.
- Then log in to your Reddit account using the login credentials.
- Then simply go to the profile icon located in the top left corner.
- Now the profile section appears.
- Here the history option is present.
- Open the history option, and the drop-down list will appear.
- It will consist of the hidden option at the 3 or 4 positions.
- Simply go over it and then click on the unhide posts option.
- A pop-up window will appear and will ask you to confirm the unhide process.
- Then simply click on the unhide option.
- All the posts that will hide from you will now unhide automatically.
Why unhide any Reddit posts?
Several reasons answers this question. Some of these reasons are as below;
- Violent posts: If some posts are violent and you don’t show interest in them, you hide them. But now you understand that the post does not contain any violence, and you need to see the post again. So you can unhide the post again to view the content included in that post.
- Hidden by mistake: If you are seeing the Reddit posts and by mistake, you hide the post, or you press the hide button by mistake, then you can reverse it and get all the content as it is using the unhide option.
- Posts hidden for some important reasons: If you hide any post of your friend posted on Reddit for any personal or important reason, then you can unhide it using the unhide option provided in the profile section.
How to Hide any post on Reddit?
If you are not interested in any post and want that the post must not be visible to you while seeing the Reddit posts, then you can hide the post. The post hides only for you. And the process to hide the post is as follows;
- Go to your Reddit account using mobile, PC or any other device.
- Then if you find any non-interesting post that is violent.
- Simply click on the three dots present on the post.
- Now the hide option appears in the list.
- Click on the hide option and then confirm it.
- Now Reddit will unhide the posts for you.
What is the difference between hiding and reporting any post?
Ans: By hiding any post on Reddit, the post is not visible to you. But, other Reddit users can view the post. But if you report any post on Reddit after specific reporting, the deleting of the post is possible by Reddit itself. Now the post is not visible to anyone using Reddit. Hiding a post is a reversible process, whereas reporting any post is an irreversible process. So if you hide any post, then you can unhide it with some easy steps. But if you report them, they will not be visible again.
What if the post is deleted and you need to see it if previously hidden by you?
Ans: If the post gets deleted and you want to get it, then it is not possible to retain that post. Once the post is deleted, then it is not available on the Reddit servers. The source must upload the post again to see the post; if you try to unhide such posts, then it’s not possible to unhide them as they are not available on Reddit.
This is all about unhiding the Reddit posts.