Citytv Canada is one of the coolest entertainment TV channels you can search for.
This contains a wide variety of the top Canadian TV shows and programs, including past episodes that you can reach and binge-watch or run again.
On the other hand, before enjoying the channel, you must first activate it on the streaming device you are using.
Activating Citytv is a simple process. Firstly, you want to download and install the channel’s app on your streaming device.
Then, you require to connect the app with your TV service provider, and you can start streaming Citytv shows.
Below, we have concentrated detailed information on how to activate Citytv. From needs for using the streaming service to step-to-step activation guidelines, here is everything you want to get started.
What are the requirements for activating Citytv
What do you require to stream Citytv? Here are all requirements for using the service:-
- A TV service provider: you want a Canadian TV service provider that offers access to the Citytv channel. You will require the TV provider’s login details to activate the channel on your device.
- The Citytv app: The app is what grants you entry to all the on-demand shows and programs. You can download the app from several app stores.
- A streaming device that supports the Citytv app: Some of the supported devices include Apple TV, Android phones, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and several smart TVs and other streaming devices.
- A computer or internet-enabled phone: complete the activation process
How to activate Citytv on Different Devices
Here’s a complete step-to-step guide to activating Citytv on different streaming devices:
Apple TV is one of the streaming gadgets that support the Citytv channel. In case you would like to active and stream Citytv on Apple TV:-
- Firstly, go to the Home screen on your Apple TV.
- Search the apps section and choose the app store.
- Followingly, Navigate for the Citytv app and install it on your TV. As it’s done, go back to apps and launch the streaming service channel.
- After that, click on one of the shows provided and click on the Play icon.
- Then, choose your TV service provider from the list that pops up and log in using your username and password.
- When completed, an activation code will appear on display. Write it down for later use.
- Then, go to citytv.com/activate on your computer or smartphone browser.
- After that, Insert the activation code above and follow the on-screen instructions.
- As you complete the activation, go back to your TV and start enjoying your favorite shows and programs.
Amazon Fire TV
To enjoy Citytv on Amazon fire TV or Fire Stick, follow this activation guide:
- Firstly, go to the main menu of your Fire TV or Fire Stick and search for Citytv.
- Then, download and install the app.
- After that, open the Citytv app, choose one of the programs you want to watch, and select the play option.
- In the following step, Log in with your TV service provider information and follow the instruction on your screen until you receive a code on your screen.
- Then, go to citytv.com/activate on your computer or mobile browser and put the code above.
- Lastly, follow the given instructions to complete the activation process.
Now you can start streaming your favourite shows on Fire TV.
To activate the Citytv channel on Roku:
- Firstly, go to the home screen on your Roku streaming device.
- Then, Find Streaming Channels and search for Citytv.
- After that, Add the channel, then go back to the Home screen and open it.
- In the following step, Click on the sign-in button and note down the activation code which appears on the screen.
- Then, visit citytv.com/activate on your computer or smartphone and insert the code.
- Nextly, choose the TV provider and sign in using your details.
- Lastly, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the activation process.
To watch City TV shows and programs on Android follow the given steps:-
- Firstly, go to Google Play Store.
- Find the Citytv app and download and install it.
- Then, open the app and search for a show you would like to watch.
- Click on the Play icon for the selected show and follow the instructions on the screen to choose your TV service provider.
- Now, note down the activation code.
- Visit citytv.com/activate on your phone or computer browser.
- After that, Insert the activation code and then, click on ‘Continue’.
- Lastly, follow the guide given to complete the activation.
LG Smart TV
Follow the steps to activate Citytv on your LG Smart TV:-
- Firstly, go the home by pressing the home button on your TV remote.
- Then, find the LG Content Store and select APPS.
- Then, search for Citytv using the App search function and install it.
- After that, go back to the Home Screen and open the app.
- Nextly, choose one of the available shows or programs and click on the play option.
- Then, follow these instructions to get an activation code on your screen.
- After that, visit citytv.com/activate on your PC, tablet, or smartphone browser.
- Put the activation code above and click on continue.
Samsung Smart TV
In case you are using Samsung Smart TV for streaming, below is how you can activate the Citytv channel:
- Firstly, press the Home button on your TV remote to go to the home screen.
- Find the APPS and use the search function (top-right corner) to search for Citytv.
- Then, install the app, go back to the Home Screen and open it.
- Choose one of the shows available and press Play.
- After that, sign in using your TV service provider and follow all the steps till you get an activation code.
- Nextly, on your mobile phone or PC, visit citytv.com/activate and insert the activation code then click Continue.
- Lastly, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
Finally, now you can launch the Citytv app and start streaming your favouite show or program.
Citytv Activation FAQs
Do you have any questions regarding how to activate Citytv?
Below are some frequently asked questions and their answers:
- Can I watch Citytv without a cable connection?
Citytv is a cable streaming service that needs you to use your TV provider credentials to access the content offered.
But, cord-cutters will be pleased to know that accessing some of the channel’s content is possible without a cable subscription.
This can be done through the Citytv live stream, which you can access through the app/channel on your streaming device.
Otherwise, you can go to citytv.com on your PC or Mac browser and choose the Live stream tab. Note that the content offered on the web is limited.
- Which TV service providers are consistent with Citytv?
Citytv has partnered with various Canadian TV services providers (BDUs – Broadcast Distribution undertakings).
Below are some of the providers that will give you access to the streaming channel:
- Rogers Cable
- Shaw Cable
- Bell Fibe
- Execulink Telecom
- Source Cable
- Cogeco Cable
- Delta Cable
- Coast Cable
- Telus Optik TV
- Novus Entertainment
- SaskTel Maz
- Access Communications
- Bell MTS
- Videotron Illico
- Bell Satellite
- Iqaluit Cable
- NortwesTel Cable
- Bell Aliant
- Bell TV
- Shaw Direct
Mentioned above are just some of the compatible Citytv service providers. In case your broadcast distributor is not on the list, you can contact them directly to inquire if they offer a Citytv package.
If not, you can either enjoy the free live stream or consider signing up with a different provider.
- Which shows can I watch on Citytv?
There are many TV shows and programs that Citytv offers.
At present, you can watch The Bachelorette, The Bachelor, Law & Order: Organized Crime, Chicago Med, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, The prince is Right, Canada’s Got Talent, Black-ish, and more.
Have you activated Citytv yet?
In case you are looking for exciting entertainment content, Citytv has covered it. They offer the recent on-demand Canadian TV shows and programs.
You can also enjoy full episodes of past shows. Also in case you are looking to save money, the channel provides a free live stream, which you can access without a cable subscription.
But, before you access any content, you need to activate Citytv. Follow the guidelines above to activate on your preferable device.